I was just hired (yippee!) to be a Technology Integration Coordinator for grades 9-12 next year. I am aware, however, that this type of job is new for most schools and I'm wondering what structures and routines I can put into place to best support my teachers. For those of you who hold this type of position, what is your day like? What is your week like? How do you organize your time so that you are giving excellent service to all the departments you serve? Thanks for any and all advice.

Views: 96

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Laura,

Congratulations on the new job! Structuring the job? I think there is not much structure to it, but more "effective approaches". One important approach is to be close to the teachers, walk in their classrooms, know what they are doing, make yourself physically and virtually available for questions and ideas. Another approach is administrative support. At some meetings, advertise the possibilities for tech integration. It will help to put this on a document, with examples for the teachers (available online and on paper). Schedule occasional workshops, maybe targeted to specific grade level groups ( usually work better). Keep the pressure on all the time!

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service