All Discussions Tagged 'ning' (49)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Is Ning Accessible for keyboard or screen reader user?

Does anybody know whether Ning is accessible to a non-mouse user or with a screen reader such as JFW? I am able to tab around on the page s…

Started by Mallory Burton

0 Jan 26, 2009

Add an icon for ning site onto desktop

I'm running as ning network as an extranet website for a school. Some of the parents and teacher have requested a facility to add an icon o…

Started by Tom Tolkien

2 Jan 11, 2009
Reply by Tom Tolkien

Ning to drop adult-themed communities

According the to a New York Times article, Ning will no longer support communities as of next year. I'm sure this will help make the case f…

Started by Steve O'Connor

3 Dec 3, 2008
Reply by Kevin H.

Ning Improvements

OK, here's what I have really liked about Ning so far: 1. One place to store and comment on photos/videos 2. Flattening of discussion (…

Started by Steve Hargadon

48 Nov 22, 2008
Reply by ddeubel

Classroom Blogging Partnership via Ning.com (outside USA)

Hi. I am teaching a course called learning.21st. I am looking to match up my Minnesota classroom with another classroom somewhere in the w…

Started by mr. f

0 Oct 6, 2008

5th/6th Grade Class Denided AD-Free Ning - What Now?

A first year teacher was denied an ad-free ning site for her 5th/6th grade class. At times, there are ads that pop-up on the side bar that…

Started by Jack Olmsted

13 Aug 18, 2008
Reply by Nancy Bosch

Social Networking and Web 2.0 Video

I recently interviewed about 12 students who are voluntarily using Web 2.0 tools and our school's Ning social network to enhance their educ…

Started by Cory Plough

6 Jun 26, 2008
Reply by Cory Plough

Ning in the News.

I recently wrote a guest column for the national English newspaper here in Korea -- about Ning and education. It is very general but might…

Started by ddeubel

0 Jun 25, 2008

Limited access to social networking

Hi everyone. I'm new here, but wanted some advice... I'm really interested in the educational implications of social networks, such as Ning…

Started by Kevin Eagle

1 May 7, 2008
Reply by Minda Pengelly

How Accessible Are You?

Do your students' parents have expectations about how to get ahold of you? Do they have your home email address, your phone number, etc.? A…

Started by Sue R.

11 Apr 30, 2008
Reply by Trent McAllan

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service