Philosophy / Pedagogy (417)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Technology and imagination

Imagination is not something only for artists. Imagination is a flexibility of mind to think of possibilities that do not yet exist, to see…

Started by Shamini Dias

4 Nov 11, 2012
Reply by Shamini Dias

Black Poetry

It is important that students understand other cultures so they can relate to others positively. I feel that poetry is a viable resource in…

Started by angela khristin brown

0 Nov 10, 2012

How to minimize the loss in virtual communication??

Hi everybody! Reading so many articles telling the ultra high importance for nonverbal communication, the highest percents of the total me…

Started by Santiago

0 Nov 10, 2012

Using social network tool in learning and teaching

The major problem in the use of social network in learning is trust. When there is no reference to source. The information lacks evidence t…

Started by Razep Echeng

4 Nov 4, 2012
Reply by Gregory Reynolds

POGIL Anyone?

My work as a teacher took a major left turn (actually, it was really a right turn) a few years ago as a I learned about the potential of we…

Started by Jon Freer

0 Oct 25, 2012

A multisensory learning activity Friedrich Nietzsche would approve of

Like most of Friedrich Nietzsche’s philosophies, his thoughts on music were both thought provoking and extreme: “Without music, life would…

Started by Karen Cameron

0 Sep 21, 2012

Sketching - A simple way to improve the quality of student projects

As teachers, we often assign projects to students that require them to lay out information visually.  I have done this many times in my tea…

Started by Eric

0 Sep 5, 2012

Using Wikis for Academic Writing

I'm using EduQuiki this semester for 1st semester and 7th semester academic writing classes, both for pre-service English language teachers…

Started by Benjamin Stewart

0 Sep 3, 2012

Can we bridge the Perspective Gap?

We talked a lot about performance gap in education but what about the Perspective Gap? As educators, we need to get involved in conversatio…

Started by Andrea Lopez Olatunji

0 Sep 3, 2012

Centers in the High School Business Classroom

I would like to try using a centers approach in my 9th grade Computer Applications/Career Exploration class. I envision a Reading Apprentic…

Started by Dennis Arms

0 Jul 27, 2012

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service