News or Noteworthy (824)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

It’s College Football Season…Time to Stock Up on Wings, Chips and…Wireless?

Originally published on The Modern Network The football season has kicked off for both the NFL and NCAA. Across America, alumni are flocki…

Started by Anthony Sargon

0 Sep 25, 2013

web-based touch-typing software

For students in today’s information age, learning to type quickly and accurately is one of the essential skills they learn in school, and o…

Started by Tore Olsson

1 Sep 23, 2013
Reply by Adam Fort

Schools Monitoring Students' Social Media

I read an interesting article about a school district in California hiring an outside firm to monitor the social media of students: http://…

Started by Kelly Cisco

0 Sep 22, 2013

Looking for some quick, last minute Summer PD?

Check out Atomic Learning's blog series featuring quick, focused PD tips here.

Started by Amy Schoenrock

0 Aug 27, 2013

Digital Storytelling for Beginners

Recently, I've been working with PreK-2 teachers who are new to ed tech. I've been trying to find tools that are easy for both the teachers…

Started by Katy Scott

28 Jul 19, 2013
Reply by Martina Davis

The Power of Appreciation: Using Brag Tags for Student Recognition

Few things are as pleasing as receiving appreciation—especially when it comes from someone we respect. Appreciation has the power to energi…

Started by Karen Cameron

0 Jul 2, 2013

Newsela puts the common core into current events

Years later, I still look back fondly on Friday afternoons in my seventh grade U.S History class. Not only was it the last class of the day…

Started by Karen Cameron

0 Jun 28, 2013

“And doggone it, people like me”: 10 Affirmations for teachers

Remember the old Saturday Night Live skit, “Daily Affirmation with Stuart Smally?” In it Smalley plays a new-agey, self-help guru who faces…

Started by Karen Cameron

0 Jun 27, 2013

Exciting student travel opportunity with National Geographic

We’re always looking for ways to challenge our students and give them a rich, multi-cultural experience—one that helps them grapple with…

Started by Karen Cameron

0 Jun 25, 2013

dedication among kids

9. Dedication – When kids get to practice following through with artistic endeavors that result in a finished product or performance, the…

Started by Debora Wondercheck

0 Jun 21, 2013

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service