Book Discussions (161)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Electronic/Skype Pen-Pals for 4th or 5th grade

I'm looking to set up a cross-cultural exchange between a 4th or 5th grade class at my school and a class in a foreign country (English spe…

Started by Betsy Long

5 Apr 25, 2010
Reply by Hafiz Awang

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

Is anyone using or have used this particular novel? I'm working with a teacher in a coaching capacity who wants to use this book with his 1…

Started by Michael Fisher

2 Mar 21, 2010
Reply by Jonathan Wylie

Einstein -Chapter 8, Getting to Know You-How Children Develop Social Intelligence

This chapter really highlights what is important in early childhood education. On page 183 the authors state that "Social intelligence does…

Started by ALYSON CARROLL

1 Mar 8, 2010
Reply by Janet Steever

Science novels for middle schoolers

I am looking to incorporate much more reading and writing into my curriculum.  Any good suggestions for creative books we can read in class…

Started by Rosie O'Sullivan

4 Mar 6, 2010
Reply by Katy Scott

Books that Support Web 2.0

Hi All, Can you think of any picture books that "indirectly" support Web 2.0 tools. For example, I was thinking that Stone Soup a tradition…

Started by Brandi

2 Mar 3, 2010
Reply by Brandi

Interview with Authors of "Rethinking Education in an Era of Technology" Monday Night

Hi all,Just a heads up that we'll be doing an interview with Allan Collins and Richard Halverson, the authors of Rethinking Education in an…

Started by Will Richardson

0 Feb 14, 2010

Fairy Tales + technology, and mysteries too!

Hello all,I am a (first year!) first grade teacher.  I want to have "Fairy Tale February" for my students.  We will explore fairy tales in…

Started by Ashley Cross

1 Feb 9, 2010
Reply by Janine

Catching up or leading the way

Catching up or leading the way, American education in the age of globalization by Yong Zhao. Anyone read it?

Started by Cliff Lee

3 Feb 9, 2010
Reply by Sylvia Martinez

Book Recommendations: What rearch has been done to support the use of Web 2.0 tools?

I use loads of web 2.0 tools and personally think they're essential in today's HS for effective learning. I'm wondering what books I can re…

Started by Jessica Brogley

8 Jan 31, 2010
Reply by Donna Murdoch

Chapter 1 Questions from The Global Achievement Gap by tony Wagner

The Global Achievement Gap by Tony Wagner Introduction and Chapter 1 (pgs. xix through 42) Wagner says that schools are not failing; rath…

Started by Jason Borowicz

1 Jan 16, 2010
Reply by Elizabeth Okwisa Mbasu

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service