I am a third grade teacher and am setting up another Paperless Day, since our first trial went so well. I was able to arrange for a local museum to SKYPE call into our room that day to share knowledge on a particular Science topic and we were very fortunate that they did this at no charge ! :-).
I am looking again to try and set up a SKYPE call from a scientist in the area of Motion, Forces, & Energy or a classroom visit. I have some contacts going, but have not heard anything yet. I was just seeing if anyone knew of any other resources to try. Location just outside of Chicago, Illinois.

I was also thinking of trying to find a contact that could tie in with our research of Women in History, since that will be a focus in March.

Overall goal is NO PAPER :-) Worked first time round and I am sure it will the 2nd time around. If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jen

**Or if you are a school and would like to SKPYE call about a prearranged topic or activity, I would be open to that too. ***

Tags: conferencing

Views: 14

Replies to This Discussion

Jen I just posted 2 comments our our site about skyping. I would love to skype with your 3rd graders. Be sure to read my comments. Our upcoming units in science are..next week is reptiles and then we have insects and plants. What are you guys learning the next few weeks. We can do all the planning here on this chat board if you would like. I hope to hear form you. I will send you a copy of our 1st skype lesson movie. The kids were pros. I teach in a MAC district and we have several lap top carts that travel throughout the campus.
Hi Martha, Sorry bout not getting back to you sooner. E-mail me and we can talk. Thanks

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service