Welcome to the Candian Mashup group. Introduce yourself here. You can also leave a question about something you'd like to know more about or get help with ... someone in the community will jump in and give you a hand.

My name is Darren Kuropatwa. I teach senior mathematics in Winnipeg, Canada although I'm really a transplanted Montrealer. ;-)

My professional blog is called A Difference.

Cheers from The Great White North!

Tags: Introductions, Welcome

Views: 508

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Carol and welcome: I looked at your personal blog -- there's some good reading waiting for me there. I see that you're a reviewer for Stenhouse. I've been approached to do writing for them. What does an online book tour look like? I love the image of the map on the light bulb. Did you create that one? If yes, may I use it? Or can you tell me the source?
I'm procrastinating - I should be writing report card comments, so I'll keep my intro brief.
Ed Hitchcock, I teach science (Physics and Biology, as well as general science) at an independent school in Toronto.
We are running a tablet program at our school, and I am trying to learn as much as I can about effective use of tech in the classroom.
HI there. I also teach at a private school in Toronto. We have a great team of science teachers...not me I am the Head of Visual/Media Arts...we do have one keen science teacher in MS who is moving to US next year. I bet the two of you could share ideas. We do not use tablets but he is an innovator for sure. Let me know if you are interested and I can approach him and let him know there is another forward thinking teacher in the private system
I first read that as "We have a great team of teachers...not me..."
I had to re-read it before I saw the word science.
What school are you with?
Welcome to the Mashup, Ed. I'm not sure what a table program is? I teach Earth Science and mostly math. Are you looking for tools that could work? or examples of other science class websites? or global projects your students can join? Let me know and I'll see if I can pass on some links.
Tablet computers
Sorry to be late getting back to you but here are a few references that might get you started. I'm not personally familiar with tablet computers but have done some looking online:
~ The Tablet PC Education Blog
~ a Ning site for Tablet PC educators
~ ISTE Book
~ contest (if it's over the video entries might spark some ideas)
~ tablet computing group
Hope there's something there that might be useful! -Sue
HI everyone,
My name is Deb Sewell and I work in Oakville, Ontario at Appleby College. We are a laptop based school and have woven technology into our school (Grade7-12). I would love to chat with others who are using technology within the curriculum.
Deb
Uh oh, if we have a bunch of CIS school members here we could wind up forming a clique and becoming all anti-social :-)
I'm at Bayview Glen.
What's your field?
Hi Deb and welcome to the Mashup. What is your subject area? If people are interested in getting together online to talk, I can facilitate that through Elluminate (all free).
I am a 'new' old secondary teacher, back in the classroom after an almost 9 year hiatus. Many things have changed, but the core, the sharing of knowledge stays the same. I've kept up with technology and am enjoying using it in class to enhance what I do. Glad to see a few Canadians around here!
Hi Jennifer-- I love chatting with people who've been away from teaching for a while and then come back. You often have such new energy to blend with the experience you gained the first time around. Welcome to the Mashup.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service