U.S. Department of Education Launches YouTube Video Contest - Cash Prizes

Tomrrow, the U.S. Department of Education will launch the "I Am What I Learn" video contest.

Students 13 and older are encourage to create and upload videos to YouTube by October 8 that are in respond to the president's challenge. Video can be up to two minutes in length and describe the steps students will take to improve their education and the role education will play in fulfilling their dreams.

Submissions can be in the form of video blogs, public service announcements (PSAs), music videos, or documentaries. Students are encouraged to have fun and be creative with this project! The general public will then vote on their favorites to determine the top 20 finalists. These 20 videos will be reviewed by a panel of judges including U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan. The panel will choose three winners, each of whom will receive a $1,000 cash prize.

Questions

1) If YouTube is blocked in your school, how will students participate in this contest?
2) If the videos are produced in class, how would the cash prize be distributed?

Tags: contest, department, education, video, youtube

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, it kind of screams irony that many schools cannot even use YouTube! I guess that just shows how much the DofE really knows about their schools. LOL!

I guess if you produce it as a class, the class gets to share the money, or you agree to donate it to the school ahead of submission.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service