My district uses WordPress for teachers to create their classroom websites, but we also have the option of using something else as long as it's approved by our administrator. Are there any websites that you prefer to use that are free or low cost? I've looked at Google sites, but I haven't figured out how to use their templates...

Views: 202

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We use Google Sites and it is fine once you get use to it, but it's not always for everybody.

I would recommend checking out Weebly for Education. Free sites, no advertising, all drag and drop, lots of themes, free domain hosting if needed, and the ability to create monitored student blogs too.

My school is up on Google Apps so teachers can easily use Google Sites.

We also offer professional development on Wikispaces and Blogspot for teachers that want a different site setup.

what about weebly? or wix? they are totally free and very fun to use... viviana

You don't say what you teach, but if you teach high school math or science, WordPress is the best because of the capability for adding equations and formulas. Google Docs is not a great choice for math or science teachers because although it has an equation editor, it's limited in capability and not all that easy to use compared to alternatives.

Edublogs is another option. There's no built-in capability for math, but MathType has a "translator" that lets you put equations and formulas in easily.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service