Software for Building Virtual Sustainable CIties (Middle School, High School)

Colleagues,

My friend Martha and I are looking for a software program / application for building virtual sustainable cities for use with Middle Schoolers. We have investigated Sim City but find it not quite appropriate to our needs. Any help would be appreciated!

Tags: cities, city, sim, software, sustainability, virtual

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I recently ran across SecondLife.com which appears to be a unique sim-civilization online platform. I don't have an account and probably won't get one. Not sure if you can build a private city as you probably won't want students mixing with the unfiltered population on SecondLife. But perhaps they will work with you if it doesn't meet your needs. I searched the map for 'sustainable' and this is what came up. http://maps.secondlife.com/index.php?q=sustainable&s=Places. I didn't visit any as you need an account first. Good luck with the project!
Got it, thanks Vincent. I think we're nixing the Second Life option for the reason you intuited - we're worried about interactions with other folks online. Thanks for the tip though!

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service