I recently came across a few long-standing blogs that never crossed my path during my Google searches, and I was thinking that a Classroom 2.0 discussion about blog-sharing might be helpful, since we are members of "the social network for educators using collaborative technologies".

If you have a blog you'd like to share, either your own, or one that you'd recommend, post a reply with a link to the blog, the author's name, the focus of the blog, and perhaps a few words about why you find it interesting or useful.

Update: Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/lynnmarentette
Here are my blogs:

TechPsych
Interactive Multimedia Technology

I have another blog that I use to post my reflections about what I'm learning in my mid-life journey as a computer/tech student:
The World Is My Interactive Interface

(I changed the name of the blog to reflect my current topics.)

Update 6/15/10
It has been a very busy school year!  The exciting news is that one of my schools has a multi-touch SMARTTable, and every classroom has an interactive whiteboard.  The teachers worked very hard to ramp up their IWB skills and I'm amazed at how quickly this interactive technology was adopted.    Of course, interactive applications and websites are pretty awesome on a huge screen or display!    The best part is that this technology has opened up the minds of a good number of students with severe autism characteristics.

In April, I participated in a workshop at ACM's 2010 CHI conference. The topic of the workshop focused on the next generation of human-computer interaction and education.

I also joined the SparkOn group, "a social platform for people that are sparked (inspired) by creative and emergent technologies"

Tags: 2.0, Classroom, blog, blogging, collaborating, edublog, networking, odiogo, sharing, social, More…technology, web

Views: 1662

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a very similar blog as well. After spending 20 years in the elementary classroom, I'm not 4 years into a district administrator tech-curriculum job and work very hard every day to help teachers and others understand the value of technology/curriculum integration. My blog reflects on that a little with mostly humor. In addition, my blog is used to build and support a network of Web 2.0 teachers (like us) who are constantly finding new ways to bring others into these conversations. I hope you'll check out my blog, leave a comment with a link to your blog. This particular post, invites you to share your del.icio.us bookmarks in a network of Web 2.0 teachers for all to share. It's very cool.

GeekyMomma Blog

Lee,

I loved your blog and found some great ideas. I have a Twitter account, but I haven't done anything with it yet. I'm going to read some more of your blogs about Twitter and then get started.

Check out my blog at: http://teachingtomorrow.wordpress.com/
Reading about my colleagues' tips on ways to use and organize the blogs we read has been very helpful. Currently, I organize my rss feeds on Pageflakes. Since I frequently share other people's ideas, I have to keep them organized, so I can quickly access citation information. It is very important to respect the ownership of other people's ideas and work. I use the Share-Alike copyright and get my widgets from Creative Commons. Anyone, who cites me as their source, can copy or whatever....as long as it is not SOLD.
My educational blog is n2teaching Hearts and Minds. My focus for this blog is mostly DIY: how, where, when and why real teachers can easily implement technology in their classroom. I also focus on the underlying philosophies, techniques and research.
What a great idea to get better visibility to all our lesser-known blogs! Thanks Lynn!

Mine are -

Education Musings - Musings on education with a focus on issues of ... (personal blog)
educatorslog.in - A community blog on education in India that I cre... (group blog)

-Shuchi
I think this forum will help those who are newer to blogging get some recognition.
I'm hoping that people outside of education will also take notice. Classroom 2.0 members are smart and talented! I am sure that our efforts will go a long way to help others understand what education and education community- building is all about.
I had thought about adding all of the links that were replied back, but then no one will see the bottom of my blog page, not there it's something magnificent there, but...I'll just put up a link to this post instead.
Oh yeah, and visit the Tech Fridge, where all of the "coolest" tech ideas are shared! Yep, thought of it myself!
Josh,

You can sign up to have your blog listed in the International Edubloggers Directory. Patricia Donaghy, a member of Classroom 2.0, responded to this forum thread and was kind to set up the directory. It is a great resource, and it is growing!

Lynn
My blog is ETS Reflecting Pool on blogspot. I basically use it as a journal of my thoughts and for experimenting on things like podcasting.
Harley,

I can see from your blog that we share similar interests. I'm taking a visualization class this semester, and I've taken a couple of game classes, too. I like your 2.0 approach.

There is a growing need for more interactive web-based content for all of the interactive whiteboards and touch-screen displays cropping up in schools- and in public spaces. Is your company involved in with this?
Another interesting blog:

http://nikpeachey.blogspot.com/
Hi, I just started a blog related to technology integration in the classroom. I thought it would be a good forum to share ideas that you usually do not get to share while passing each other in the hallway. So far I have hit Moodle forums, Bloom's and kwout.com. Check it out.

learning.21st
Thanks for the links!

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service