I am a Spanish teacher and want to give my students a chance to practice speaking.   I thought about having them call my cell phone and leave a short message with the required info but, I am concerned that I may run afoul of a school district policy (or two)  Is there an application that would allow them to use their cell phones to leave me message?  I used to use G-Cast but they are not free and are closing down on Dec 31st.    Any thoughts?

Tags: fl

Views: 416

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Fred,

The solution I am proposing is not identical to the system you have described but I think it is a good alternative. Last year I worked with some Spanish teachers to have students use their own cell phones to record themselves speaking in Spanish using the service Ipadio. These messages become mp3's that can be embedded easily into a webpage.

good luck
What about setting up a Google Voice account they can call. The messages can be saved as MP3s also, and it will e-mail (and transcribe) them to you.
I really like http://vocaroo.com/ -- incredibly easy to use, cool little embed player, or just a link. As with all free tools I love, I just hope it doesn't go away.

I used Google voice for my upper level students last month.  They called the number for my account and retold a story in Spanish.  I like Google voice because I have access to their recordings on any computer.  I also used it on my blog to tak to them in Spanish.  However, the transcriptions in Spanish do not work.

Fred, have you tried Lingtlanguage?

Esther

I think using a blog and adding web 2.0 like voki, podcast, video with a flip camera like kodak zi8 Voicethread is an excellent tool.  Creo que existen varias herramientas que podrias utilizar, lo importante es que los estudiantes tengan correos…

Mayra

Este catalago me parece increible. Muchas gracias. Voy tratar de verlo con tiempo.

Esther

My students use yodio.com. There is an online tutorial and everything. Currently it is free!

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service