I've been totally addicted to TypeRacer (the online head-to-head competitive typing game - check it out at typeracer.com) for a couple of years, but I have always been wondering how to use it in a classroom.  I think it's one of the only ways for students to get actually excited about typing - since it plays on their competitiveness with each other.  But I'm not so sure I want my students racing strangers on the internet, or not having control over what they type.

But I just heard that TypeRacer is now offering a School Edition of their service...

http://data.typeracer.com/admin/schools?af=xs5ym

Has anyone here tried it?  Do you think it works well in the classroom?  I'd love to give it a shot...

Views: 380

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh wow, I'll need to check out the school edition. I have used this in the classroom by creating a private room & giving students that URL - they only race other students in their class then. My only problem with it has been the PG-13 language in some of what they've had to type.
yep - with the School Edition you can select any texts you want, and even create your own...
Only problem is I have no budget & I teach in a computer lab. We're a small school but I have probably 75 kids that I would want to use this with if I could control the text. Without a budget it's out of my price range this year.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service