Interested in Connecting with Other Classrooms and Students

I'm a teacher and librarian working in Brantford, Ontario, Canada. I work with students from K-8 and with a focus on technology and literacy. I am using wikis and Nings with my students across the grades as well as at a board level. We run the Forest of Reading book clubs (Ontario School Library Association Book Clubs) and will be running Virtual Book Clubs for junior and intermediate students across our board.  We're hoping to get as many kids involved as possible.
I'm also interested in using Skype and Video Conferencing to connect my students with other classes in Ontario and the world so that we can learn from each other.
This year I'm working with K-8 students to improve engagement in reading as well as research skills in the library and online.

Tags: Ning, Skype, collaboration, conferencing, k-8, primary, students, video, wiki

Views: 193

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am not in Hawaii, but in Iowa. I have 4th grade gifted students and 5th grade gifted students. Last year we were looking for another group to try a Pringle Chip challenge where we have to send pringles to one another. We wanted to Skype when they arrived to see if they made it in one piece or not. I have a whole lesson/unit on this where points are awarded for the least amount of cracks, breaks, etc. If interested email me at amaurer@bettendorf.k12.ia.us
Hi Aaron
The Pringle Chip Challenge sounds really cool. I think I might be able to connect you with a grade 4 or 5 teacher in my school. Could you send me more info about the lesson/unit so I can approach these teachers with more information. Thanks and can't wait to hear back from you.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service