I and a few other teachers are wrestling with this question.  How do we carve out time from an already busy day to actively seek out connections and contribute to a personal learning network?  

I'm thinking about this differently than simply a set of steps on how to begin a PLN.  Richard Byrne created a great little presentation on that, and I've seen many since.  

My question is more about how these pieces (tweets, blog posting, social bookmarking, etc.) fit into a typical day's work/play/movement of life.  Do you designate certain minutes of each day?  How do you fit these around commitments to your family, faith community, sporting interests, etc.?  Do you use your phone or just your computer?  I guess I'm looking for specifics, such as those in this helpful blog post by Lisette Casey.  

I'd love to hear responses from this community, and thank you all in advance!  

Tags: PLN, socialmedia101

Views: 172

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

MAKE time.... you're funny. Things just get squeezed in. It helps when things you work with have email notifications that draw you back in.
Thanks for your thoughts, Alice! I guess I am a bit partitioned in my approach. :) I usually turn off notifications while I'm at my computer because I find it too easy to become distracted. Since I haven't mastered an 'ambient' use of Twitter, Reader, etc, I've had to think in terms of "making" time - where and when to return to the information stream. How do you deal with the desire to be 'connected' online? For me, I think that activating automatic notifications actually seems to squeeze other things out. Thanks again for the reply!

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service