how do I get internet photos etc on to the promeathan board? I am familiar with how to do everything on the smartboard but am starting a new teaching placement and they use a promethean help please!!

how do I get internet photos etc on to the promeathan board? I am familiar with how to do everything on the smartboard but am starting a new teaching placement and they use a promethean help please!!

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love the SMART Notebook software, but love my Promethean Board even more! There are so many ways to do everything, so I'll just share the simplest way (in my opinion). Just right click over the desired image and copy, and once on a flipchart page in Activstudio, right click and paste, from clipboard, the image. Use the bottom right handle to resize without distoring the image.

I strongly recommend (if you haven't done so already) creating an account on Promethean Planet. I frequent the forum to learn things all the time. I also frequent the forum to post questions that I have and am amazed at the amount of support Promethean users offer each other on that website!
It is easy. You need to have your camera tool on your toolbar. If it is not there (it looks like a camera) you want to get it from "the tool store". Click on the main menu (top of the activestudio tool bar) and go to customize and then tool store. Find the camera (I would also move the video camcorder on to your toolbar as well) and just drag to your tool bar.

To use... click on the camera and I usually choose "area" it will bring up a window you can adjust to the size of the picture you want to get downloaded and add to your flipchart. Once you have adjusted the size over the picture you want - right click the mouse and it takes a picture (you usually hear a nice camera click to let you know the picture has been taken) and it puts the picture into your current flipchart. It is insanely easy. I use it all the time.

I also like the video record option. My district blocks YouTube and TeacherTube and the camcorder allows you to record off the internet (which I do at home where those videos are not blocked) and record it using the camcorder feature. It saves and I can then show the video in class. Excellent!

Hope that helps or isn't too confusing.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service