Hi, everyone,
I'm Lisa Miller, and I'm a professor of journalism at the University of New Hampshire, where I also teach a digital storytelling class for K-12 teachers. I've been working in elementary classrooms over the last year and am writing a book on digital storytelling for elementary teachers. I want to interview other teachers who've done digital storytelling projects, using Photo Story 3, with their students, and also perhaps feature student projects in the book (with student/parent/teacher permission, of course). If you're anywhere near New Hampshire, I'd be glad to come help out in your classroom!

Views: 143

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Professor Miller,

Here's an example of Digital Story Telling given by Nellie Deutsch.

Hi Lisa,

I am just completing my Masters in Education from the University of New Hampshire and have just completed a year long internship with East Kingston Elementary School where I incoporated various digital stories using Photo Story. I'd have to check with the East Kingston Elementary School to determine if I could share any of our Photo Stories.

Is your goal to come and work on a Photo Story project within a classroom or to collect lessons and digital stories already created?

I have accepted a 5th grade position at Grinnell Elementary School in Derry, NH and plan on using digital stories next year.
Hi - I'd love to see some of the stories your students did and talk to you about the process. After next week, when classes end at UNH, I'll have lots of time. Would we be able to meet sometime during the week of May 11? I can't meet Monday that week but otherwise my schedule is wide open. I could meet you in Durham or at the school, whatever works. I look forward to talking with you about what you worked on with the students! Best, Lisa
Could we get together and talk about the digital storytelling you've done with students?
Best, Lisa

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service