This past week, thanks to Elluminate and their continued benevolent support of CR 2.0, Sarah and Adam from Wikispaces.com conducted a LIVE Web event called "Getting Started with Wikis." Over 150 people attended the event (something of a record for us, I think).

This Thursday (November 20th) at 5pm Pacific, Maggie Tsai from Diigo and special guest Jennifer Dorman will be hosting a Classroom 2.0 LIVE session to introduce the first phase of "Diigo Educator Account", a suite of features that makes it easy for teachers to get their entire class of students or their peers started on collaborative research using Diigo's web annotation and social bookmarking technology.

We'll continue to try and have these king of events more regularly, so I've added the events module to CR 2.0, and future events will be listed on the left side of the front page of the network. I'll also send out an email before each event. The event listing gives the URL for the Elluminate event room and a link to test your system for compatibility with Elluminate. You don't need to join/RSVP to the event in CR 2.0 in order to attend, but if you do so, you'll receive any special notices specifically related to the event.

Once the events are over, you can click on the following link to see all events, and I'll include links to both the Elluminate recordings and audio-only versions (which I've done for the Wikispaces event).

http://www.classroom20.com/events/event/search?q=%22CR+2.0+LIVE%22

Feel free to start separate forum discussions if you want to have conversations on these or any upcoming sessions, as the commenting on the actual event listings is limited.

Views: 111

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would like to participate in this event
rafael.
Just click through into the event listing and use the URL given there to log into the Elluminate session at the time.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service