I am losing my mind here.  I have great clips from YOUTUBE, but my district won't allow me to access the site.  As teachers, we have petitioned in vain.  I know that there is a way to either change the URL or  DOWNLOAD the clip to my computer, but I am ashamed to say that I don't know how to do this.  Could someone help me out here?

Thanks.

Denise

www.ellteacherpros.com
www.teachingsuccesseswithells.blogspot.com

Tags: ELD, ESL, English, computer, etc., programming, social, studies, technology

Views: 468

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The easiest way is to go to the youtube video you want and in the URL where the word 'youtube' appears, change it to 'voobys' - this is the only thing you change.
Press enter and you will be taken to another screen. Download and when you are prompted to save the video, put .flv at the end of the name. This gives you a great video that you can drag in 'Notebook' software (for Smartboards) or play via a Flash player.
Denise,
I feel your pain. YES, there is a solution. Download Tooble [http://tooble.tv/]. It's a small app to put on your computer which will allow you to download movies from YouTube, save them on your computer and play from that (or burn to a CD, if you don't carry your computer to school). App is for either Win or Mac, movie will play with either iTunes or WMedia Player.

Found it myself last year!
Janet

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service