Okay, I've been thinking about this for a few days now even though I really don't have any time to be doing this with it being the last few days of school and all. I've been reading how various people, web2.0 activists, teachers and other techinclined people would like to see more done in schools. So, let's do it. Why can't we begin to use the tools we have to do what we wish we could do? How many teachers would be interested in a collaborative project with others that would enhance the using of the tools in the schools? I'm thinking our school division has a focus on reading so maybe one of my teachers could work in conjunctions with a few others on reading projects - heck even reading books and illustrating them or acting them out and taping. Let's just bring teachers and students together and the tools will be there. Anyone game?

Tags: usingtechnology, web2.0

Views: 72

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

MTG,

I added those lists. Some taking hours, some just minutes where I filtered and tweaked Amazon's lists. But I hope to get more time and add more for Classroom 2.0.

The idea is great and a no brainer, win-win. We can recommend books and the conversation /recommendations won't be lost and to be started ad infinitum......... A great resource for new teachers too and just ideas for books.

I'm going to work this week on some more CR2.0 lists , next week I'll make a post on the main forum. As I said, we can use 3 ways to add lists. Listmania on Amazon (send me the id), make a discussion here and I or others can add, go to http://books4teachers.ning.com/forum and add your own. This is an experiment but a worthy one. I like the Books TEachers love list and I have another even better one coming up...

And once again, CR20 gets $$$$ for events, maintenance, growth and buyers will get more and deeper discounts, the more we buy as a group through the store. Win / win.

I"ll add the elementary books to a list shortly! Right now just down and out -- Ning's new release destroyed MONTHS of work on my Resource Share forum which teachers from all over the world used.....ugh....

David
http://eflclassroom.ning.com

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service