Make sure you say "hey" and let us know a bit about yourself.

What topics are you looking to possibly collaborate on?

Are you thinking of getting students together, or getting professional discussions going? Or perhaps both...?

I'm all for people lurking a little to see if this is the place for them, but I also truly feel that we make the place what we need it to be!

This journey is ours to create--take us in new directions and new thought processes!

Tags: ProjectBasedLearning, StudentCentered, collaborate, creating, journeys, lurking, sharing

Views: 454

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome Peggy! There are many different ideas for collaboration here and if you don't find something you're looking for, let me know! The best way to find a friend is to comment on posts and to post your own ideas!
:-)
Ginger
Hello! I work with about 120 elementary teachers. Some are ready to move online and collaborate. I teach lesson design work sessions with the teachers each month to support the development of projects using technology. I would love to brainstorm together. Are you on Skype? My skype name is aprilpc. I can't wait to hear from you.
I am so excited about all the possibilities this has to offer. I am looking forward to using this.
Judy
Judy--I'm so glad you're here. You have lots of questions and lots of great ideas. When you have a moment, think of something you really enjoy doing with your kids and post the idea on CR 2.0, asking for ideas about how to integrate technology. It's that simple. you'll get lots of gentle replies and great ideas to try! And you'll make connections to people who now are beneifitting from your expertise! I can't wait to see what brews!

Perhaps that concentration will be integrating technology advancements to "ramp up" differentiated learning? That's a niche that g/t people haven't filled yet...
Hi All, I am the technology teacher for my k-5 school. I also teach technology workshops and courses for our school district. Computers have been a part of my classroom for 20 years and I am constantly searching for new ways for my students - and me - to learn. I am very excited about Web2.0 tools. Connections for learning and collaboration are the reasons I want to join this group. New to Web 2.0 - I will be ready to add podcasting, blogs and wikis this year.
Blogging and wikis sites I have set up to use are below. Others sites were blocked in my district.
http://classblogmeister.com/
http://www.wikispaces.com/
Depending on the time of year, I plan to use these for 4th and 5th graders, and see how it goes before I try it with the younger crowd.
Podcasting is also on my agenda. Plans are for teachers and students to create podcasts, and I will partner with high school students on projects too.

I am free to integrate with any subject area. This is my 4th year in the technology lab, so I have some projects that I like to build on or tweak (did I see Pimp My Lesson in here? Will wikis work for this?) .

I will soon complete a masters in Technology in Education and my last 2 classes are Integrating Math & Technology and Robotics. Any interest in either of these areas?

E-Pals is an option too, but this network seems so open and supportive - I'm in.
Hi everyone. I am hoping to encourage and motivate some classroom teachers to collaborate with others outside of the state and country. I am the Educational Technology Coordinator in a Maine school district. I will be visiting and making contacts as the year progresses.
http://newlearning.ning.com

Sharon
Hi all. I already amazed by what you all have going here! I teach fifth grade in Winnetka, IL and have been taking the summer (partially through a generous grant from our school) to explore more about technology integration and global connections. I've found many great resources here for the entire school. I am working to put together a resource list and idea bank for our classrooms. Our technology director, Vinnie, has already made great strides in this area, which is largely how I found Classroom 2.0. Our lower school (K-5) is seeking opportunities to connect around themes of the environment or community.

Personally, I am interested in engaging my students in meaningful, authentic learning and creating an environment where the students are challenged to think critically...There are some unbelievable ideas for doing that here! We integrate social studies and language arts; some units where I foresee making connections are a National Parks unit (human and environmental interaction), a unit on Greece/Rome, and a unit on immigrant communities (specifically Chicago's Chinatown and Little India). I also think it would be cool to read one of our novels with another classroom, and use skype or a wiki to discuss, engage, and collaborate.

Looking forward to connecting!
I know a woman who's DYING to collaborate with literature. She works with olkder students, but her students could/should easily be wonderful mentors! If you don't mind, I'm going to have her seek you out., if you don't mind. Her name is Judy and I know her in Real Life, and she's a very energetic, detailed person who is terrific with kids!

Yah! I *heart* classroom 2.0!
Wonderful! Thank you, Ginger! I would love to collaborate with her. Please have her get in touch.

I, too "heart" classroom 2.0. I am truly inspired by all of your ideas and the ideas of others- the "aha" moments, the virtual field trips - all very cool!
Annie,
What novel units are you interested in collaborating on for the rest of the school year? I have about 14 5th grade teachers that I work with and I bet at least one of them would be interested. We have Skype with video capabilities. My skype name is aprilpc. I am looking forward to collaborating!
Welcome in Sharon! Let us know what you have in mind and I'm sure you'll find some willing partner!
Hi - originally an efl teacher I moved to technology about 4-5 years ago. This year I will be technology teacher/coordinator in our elementary school. We don't have computers in the classrooms, every class will be coming to the computer lab probably once a week together with their teachers. I won't actually know which subjects I will be tying in to until the start of the year so I can't talk seriously right now about student collaborative projects.
So I'm going to reiterate here something that I've mentioned in other places on ning - dotsub ok bear with me if you've seen me post on this before. I'd love to see us teachers building an online multilingual video library and it would be so easy to do. Just upload your videos to dotsub (as well as to your favorite video hosts) once your video is uploaded to dotsub, other members can transcribe and translate them with the translations being added as subtitles to the video. JoNelle started the ball rolling today and her video Surf The Internet can be seen here on Ning, or on dotsub you can watch it with Hebrew subtitles (now you know you're dying to!) , or translate it to another language. (Of course I can think of lots of other ideas for student projects implementing dotsub, but thats for another post.)

Susan

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service