Ideas need to on how to capture video of using a specific software for presentations

Hi! I am trying to capture video of my screen while I am performing a individual tasks with a specific software that I will training teachers to use. I know that there has to be a simple way to do this but I am at a loss at this moment of how to do it. ANY ideas?

THANKS SO MUCH!

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jing. I use it the whole time, and it's really easy. Here's an example which took about an hour including planning and rehearsal.
This is wonderful! Thank you so much for introducing me to this. One more question, are you able to embed it in a powerpoint? It is a .swf file and my Powerpoint doesn't seem to support that type of file. Do you know of any legal freeware converters?

THANK YOU AGAIN!
Delighted to share my enthusiasm for a great tool! Afraid I don't use Powerpoint, so can't help you there, sorry.
Hi Elizabeth, I agreed with the Jing Project for you. Actually you can insert and embed .swf Flash file into PowerPoint slides, so you don't need any converters. I'd like to introduce one of my tutorial "How to insert Flash into PowerPoint 2007 and play automatically". I hope my guide can help you on this.

:-)

William Peterson
Presentation Veteran
http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,2000453931b,00.htm
I use Snapz Pro,; great screen capture for still and "movies", including audio if desired.
Hi Elizabeth - I have used Jing and it is excellent - you might also want to take a look at Camstudio which is a free program that records screen activity from a Windows desktop and audio from a microphone. You can use it to create computer video tutorials for teachers and students to use. Files are recorded in standard AVI format (which can be used with PowerPoint) and if you want can use the built in "SWF Producer" which can turn your AVI files into bandwidth friendly Streaming Flash videos (SWFs) for online posting.

Greg
TeacherRated: where teachers find, rate and share the best of the web
A free online tool- no installs, that runs on java, is screencast-o-matic.com . You can leave it hosted on their site, or download a .mov file that you can imbed.
i use "i show u" works just like jing and the other programs. I was using the video capture tool from Activstudio for activstudio tutorials but for longer video capture, I found that the sound and audio got out of sync. I show u has been great.
LOuisa

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service