I am putting together a conference presentation on using ning in the classroom and and I am looking for examples to use. Have other educators marvel at what you are doing with social networking in your school. You can post a link here are send it to edtech.jim@gmail.com.
I created a ning at edtechleaders.ning.com and I am building a classroom ning at lpevcprep.ning.com

Views: 199

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm making a presentation this week to teachers at a local conference... I'd love an invite to display some student work.
A couple of weeks ago I started a network for my students on Ning: Science Class Blogs To get a grade on the report card they have to post once a week an answer to a given question and comment on 4 posts of their classmates. Because I give each student individual question to report on the forum for other students to learn and comment, I hope the posts will not repeat each other. (I apply a jigsaw idea here).
I can't predict what is going to happen next, but so far all of us, who participate, are very happy. This week's assignment requires each student to post a picture, and the next week they will learn how to include a link into the post or comment. It is used for Environmental Science class. The other classes have not picked up yet :)
We all learn from this experience: I learn how to be a better teacher and my students learn using Internet for research and communication.
I set the page as public to allow everybody see what's there, but the kids do not use their real names or pictures.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service