The English Journal's editor, Dr. Luann Reid, spoke in one of my college classes and stated that administrators are starting to ask interviewees what educational blogs they read. As I am a new kid at technology, I need recommendations of some worthwhile and beneficial blogs. Any help would be appreciated!

Tags: Blogs, Education, English

Views: 52

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am sure Dr. Reid mentioned NCTE's own Traci Gardner, whose NCTE Inbox blog is always good reading. If you haven't checked out Will Richardson's Weblogg-ed, that's another great place to start, simply because Richardson is a writer with a journalistic sensibility. At Arapahoe High School in CO, you can access Karl Fisch's blog, The Fischbowl, which links to teacher and classroom blogs on his campus. You might browse Anne Smith's blog; she is an Araphahoe English teacher. Personally, I enjoy the writing of Ms. Whatsit. She is a Classroom 2.0 member and an in-the-trenches language arts teacher who tells it like it is. Always fun. Find one blog you enjoy and then see who is reading and linking to it. Check out the blogrolls, too, for more promising links.
Jennifer, Thank you! All wonderful, and a good place to start.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service