With budget slashing across the country, a lot of schools are struggling to find the tools they need to create a 21st century school.

But, in fact, your school can have 1:1 computing, ongoing tech training, a tech help desk, interactive whiteboards, an online school social network, student e-mail, classroom websites, and tech classes for as low as $55 per classroom.

It just takes a little creativity -- check out my blog post, 21st Century School at a 19th Century Price, for ideas on getting low-cost and no-cost technology into the classroom.

Katy Scott

Stretch Your Digital Dollar

Tags: 21st, century, cheap, free, low-cost, tech

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I completely agree that the fact that schools are getting all these budget cuts does not mean it is the end of the world. I do think that it is unfortunate, but there are still so many different alternatives out there to continue teaching. All it takes is a little creativity and if you honestly think about it, as long as you as the teacher make it interesting and are enjoying teaching it, the students will feed off of that and enjoy learning about it. You could even make it somewhat of a project and have the students come up with ideas of teaching certain lessons. I think ultimately we are the educators but as many know we are also learning and can learn many things from our students. Let everyone be teachers and just help guide each other along the way.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service