All Discussions Tagged 'writing' (78)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

new worldwide social networking site: teens/poetry

Hi, I just launched a new social networking site for teens all over the world to share, discuss, and reflect their poetry about the teenage…

Started by Alexander Trivas

0 Mar 6, 2011

Progressive Story Project

Want to connect with classes to write stories together? Registration for the Progressive Story Project is now open for the spring session.…

Started by Karen Ditzler

0 Feb 24, 2011

The Reading-Writing Connection

English-language Arts teachers often talk about the reading-writing connection. The say, "Teaching reading and writing strategies concurren…

Started by Mark Pennington

1 Jan 7, 2011
Reply by Mark Pennington

Ideas for School-Wide Writing Assessment Practice

Our high school is experimenting with bringing back the idea of having school-wide assessment practice for writing in order to encourage th…

Started by Stacey Wielfaert

5 Nov 11, 2010
Reply by Joel Ballantyne

Any Ideas On Making Reading Intervention Classes Interesting for These Low Performing Students?

I will have two sections of reading intervention classes at the high school level next year.  These are kids scoring below and far below ba…

Started by Denise Stewart

22 Nov 8, 2010
Reply by Denise Stewart

A website for your students to submit book reports?

Hi, basically this is an advertisement for my masters thesis:)   But I think some might be interested!   I am a 5th grade teacher in Arizon…

Started by Bobby

0 Sep 8, 2010

USES OF DOCUMENT CAMERAS.............????

At the beginning of this year, I was supplied with a document camera for my second grade class. In short, I wanted to start this discussion…

Started by Bobby

53 Aug 9, 2010
Reply by Aaroni Chris

Journal Writing

We have always used writing in journals as a method of free writing. I want to go digital this year and have students use a computer to do…

Started by Gerry

14 Jul 9, 2010
Reply by Jody Maxey

Forward/Backward Video Messages

We are considering using the forward /backward videos (sorry - is there a REAL name for them?) as a writing project for high school.I've co…

Started by Brenda Boyer

2 Apr 9, 2010
Reply by Alina V. Chitova

Bringing Real World Opportunities to Remedial Level Students

Who is doing this well?  I am an English teacher for Grade 10 and 11.  Remedial students struggle with making connections between writing,…

Started by Stacey Wielfaert

3 Mar 5, 2010
Reply by Stacey Wielfaert

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service