All Discussions Tagged 'studies' (40)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ipads in High School Social Studies Classrooms

Just recieved an ipad for my classroom and I am looking for suggestions on how to incorporate this piece of technology into my lessons.   …

Started by C Dunlap

3 Oct 27, 2010
Reply by blank

Are there any online quizzes out there that help students identify themselves (or others) as being prejudiced?

I apologize for the long question.  I am about to start teaching my ELLs about the Civil Rights Movement.  Though none of them see themselv…

Started by Denise Stewart

11 Sep 9, 2010
Reply by Jane Krauss

Creating a 2.0 Social Studies Classroom

I will be working with a group of students next year who are part of a 1:1 pilot using laptop computers. I am curious how other educators a…

Started by Mitzi Macaluso

14 Aug 30, 2010
Reply by Brian Mannix

How Could War Look Different?

How Could War Look Different? An Immersive Online Re-enactment and Re-Creation of Warfare In How Could War Look Different? students come…

Started by Brian Mannix

0 Aug 26, 2010

Skype Collaborative Projects in Social Studies

Check out this link to many social studies projects listed for middle and high schools to collaborate via video conference.  There are tons…

Started by Brian Mannix

0 Aug 14, 2010

Skype Social Studies Collaborative Projects

Check out this link to many social studies projects listed for middle and high schools.  It is a wiki, so if you don't find one, please add…

Started by Brian Mannix

0 Aug 14, 2010

Stanford University's Summer Teaching Institute 8/2010

(I just wanted to begin sharing with colleagues what went on at the conference.) Well, the Stanford Summer Teacher Institute was well worth…

0 Aug 6, 2010

Leveraging YouTube for Science, Social Studies and other subjects

Here's a great article that lists some fantastic links to YouTube videos that can be used by teachers and parents to help make history and…

Started by Shuchi Grover

14 Aug 6, 2010
Reply by Denise Stewart

Changing URL From YOUTUBE So I Can Use It In Class??????

I am losing my mind here.  I have great clips from YOUTUBE, but my district won't allow me to access the site.  As teachers, we have petiti…

26 Jul 17, 2010
Reply by Janet Barnstable

Mainstream Content Teachers With ELLs--How Can They Be Inspired To More Effectively Meet The Needs Of Their ELLs?

I just finished attending an inspiring Saturday workshop on meeting the needs of ELLs  in grades K-12 content classes (not ELD/ESL ones). …

3 May 24, 2010
Reply by Janine

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service