All Discussions Tagged 'strategies' (24)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Motivational setup for Secondary students of any Science

Hi everyone,Question: What strategies have worked for you in your classroom to help students make personal connections with topics that you…

Started by Paul J. Cuaresma

5 May 24, 2018
Reply by Duncan Moore

5 Strategies to Assess Reading Levels

When assessing a child's reading level, it's important to use a variety of strategies to cater to diverse learning styles and promote an in…

Started by Ed Vectus

4 Nov 16, 2016
Reply by KIARA BRIGGS

If anyone is looking for reading-related resources

It’s March and we can think of at least two reasons to be happy about it: First, we’re a mere 15 days away from spring. Second, March is Na…

Started by Karen Cameron

0 Mar 5, 2013

Reading Strategies that Transcend the Classroom

If the classroom is truly the training ground for life, it only makes sense that we would use reading strategies that mimic the way we read…

Started by Karen Cameron

0 Mar 4, 2013

How can you shift away from notes and worksheets?

I am currently teaching Science 10 and I've tried to make the course activity based but there are times when I find that notes and workshee…

Started by Frank Sun

2 May 31, 2012
Reply by Kev

RTI - Effective or not?

Hello Friends! I am trying to gather data on educator's realistic impressions of RTI or MTSS (here in KS). Some of you may have experience…

Started by DJ

1 May 9, 2012
Reply by Mark Mitrowski

Digital Authentic Assessment

Your Name and Title: Kati Searcy, Gifted Educator, K-5 School, Library, or Organization Name:Mountain Park Elementary School Co-Presenter N…

Started by Kati Searcy

0 Apr 9, 2012

Ideas for a 8th Grade Reading Classroom

I am teaching 8th grade reading and am interested in some new ideas for incorporating Web 2.0 skills in the classroom. As with most middle…

Started by Sunny Williams

6 May 11, 2011
Reply by Breanne

Note-Taking Success Stories

Are you having especially good success with any note-taking techniques? I would be interested to know what is working for others.........

Started by Bev Gustafson

2 Mar 4, 2010
Reply by Denise Stewart

21st century Strategies for ELL classrooms

We have students from different countries in our school, and we would like to know if you have any good strategies or url links for achievi…

Started by Poornima

3 Mar 1, 2010
Reply by Denise Stewart

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service