All Discussions Tagged 'reading' (74)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Sister Site Similiar to the Florida Center for Reading Research?

The post about ReadWriteThink and math made me wonder if anyone knew the sister site for the Florida Center for Reading Research. The site…

Started by Lezlie Harris

0 Feb 17, 2009

Over the Shoulder Miscue Analysis

Is anyone out there using miscue analysis as a primary means of assessing reading? If so, I'm wondering if you use miscues to aid other stu…

Started by David Leonard

0 Feb 7, 2009

Using youtube to enhance math in my class

So I was wondering if anyone could help out with this project of mine. Check out the youtube videos I set up: http://www.youtube.com/user

Started by Bobby

0 Jan 27, 2009

Have you committed Readicide?

Do you have difficulty getting students to read? Do you feel your teaching the book instead of the students? If so, you might be an accompl…

Started by Sharon Stephens

0 Jan 13, 2009

Math & Literacy--Connections that Help Kids

How can math educators and literacy educators pool their knowledge and experience on student learning in their field to elevate student ach…

Started by Carolyn Greenberg

17 Jan 7, 2009
Reply by Carolyn Greenberg

Free Online Book Writing Site for Elementary Students or Software suggestions

Hi, I am looking for a site where primary students, ages 6-9, can write and illustrate (not stamp pictures) an original story. If no such s…

Started by Nedra

6 Nov 27, 2008
Reply by Greg from LessonGateway.com

SEM-R

Are there any teachers utilizing the Schoolwide Enrichment Model Reading program out there? If so, might you be interested in collaboration?

Started by Donna Hebert

1 Nov 19, 2008
Reply by Nancy Bosch

Catering to student's reading needs

I am a future English teacher in my last year of school and am preparing to being my student teaching in Uganda Africa next fall. I was jus…

Started by Lindsay

0 Sep 22, 2008

Book Sharing Sites to support literacy and culture of reading

I would like to use a book sharing site such as Shelfari, GoodReads or LibraryThing for teachers and students to share books, reviews and s…

Started by Sarah Sutter

5 Sep 3, 2008
Reply by ddeubel

The IRA and NCLD Will Launch The RTI Action Network Monday

On Monday April 7th, The National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD) and founding partner the International Reading Association (IRA)…

Started by Jack Olmsted

1 Jul 24, 2008
Reply by Lisa B

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service