All Discussions Tagged 'reading' (74)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Independent Reading in the Classroom: Meeting of the Minds

Years ago, Steve Allen hosted and moderated a terrific television show titled Meeting of Minds. Steve resurrected some of the greatest thin…

Started by Mark Pennington

0 Aug 23, 2009

The Kindle Ate My Homework

A seventeen-year-old student has recently filed a lawsuit against Amazon. He alleges that the Amazon Kindle ate his homework. Interestingly…

0 Aug 1, 2009

Why Kids Can't Write

Johnny has had some good writing instruction. He can recite the steps of The Writing Process from the posters he has seen in every classroo…

1 Jul 31, 2009
Reply by Jacqui Murray

The Summer is for Reading!

As the temperatures begin to heat up in classrooms around the country, I felt it was a good time to discuss summer reading lists! Summer re…

Started by Andrew Marcinek

3 May 22, 2009
Reply by Shuchi Grover

Facebook for Literature and History!

In a follow up to my post on “Why is Everyone So Afraid of Social Networking” I felt that it was necessary to portray some of the positive…

Started by Andrew Marcinek

0 May 22, 2009

I need your opinion!

I need opinions for my students to listen to on a Voicethread that I've set up. The topic? Do you think Classics Should Be Required Reading…

Started by Rebecca Pilver

1 May 14, 2009
Reply by Anne Pemberton

I need your opinion!

Hello Everyone, We need your opinions for students to listen to about the question "Should classics be required reading in today's schools…

Started by Rebecca Pilver

0 May 14, 2009

How to be "right" more than twice per day

Something every classroom teacher want to know, right? Eyes past print Modeling fluent reading. Introduction of outside text every perio…

Started by Sean Nash

0 Apr 24, 2009

Help I think that I am Spoiled

I am so used to having an idea and finding the perfect tool-that I am in a state of disbelief I can't find a free tool to do what I want. I…

Started by Kelley Irish

4 Mar 15, 2009
Reply by Sylvia Martinez

Podcast co-host???

Hi everyone. This is a shot in the dark....but I was wondering if anyone wanted to do a podcast with me. A little background... I want to s…

Started by Bobby

9 Mar 3, 2009
Reply by Peggy Sheehy

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service