All Discussions Tagged 'reading' (74)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Developing a High School Reading Class

Hello everyone. I am brand new to Classroom 2.0 and am seeking advice on how to find resources for my new high school reading class.  Our h…

Started by Melissa Y Mullin

17 Sep 21, 2011
Reply by Tiffany Millsap

Online Student Book Club

Does anyone know of or use an online book club? I am looking for an educational site (as opposed to a general anyone can post books) where…

Started by Wanda Gibbons

2 May 29, 2011
Reply by Katie Muhtaris

Listen

http://www.examiner.com/child-development-in-dallas/their-words

Started by Kristin Elizabeth

0 May 13, 2011

Ideas for a 8th Grade Reading Classroom

I am teaching 8th grade reading and am interested in some new ideas for incorporating Web 2.0 skills in the classroom. As with most middle…

Started by Sunny Williams

6 May 11, 2011
Reply by Breanne

The Reading-Writing Connection

English-language Arts teachers often talk about the reading-writing connection. The say, "Teaching reading and writing strategies concurren…

Started by Mark Pennington

1 Jan 7, 2011
Reply by Mark Pennington

Struggling writers / readers: Anyone used WordQ and SpeakQ?

Have been quite impressed with this software which allows people to 1)  read out loud any electronic text they can highlight - eg email, we…

Started by Tricia Lockhart

1 Jan 3, 2011
Reply by Neil MacGregor

How do you use blogs, wikis, etc., in your postsecondary setting?

We've had at least a few people respond to my last thread who are working in the postsecondary environment and who use blogs, wikis, etc.,…

Started by Mary Bogan

12 Dec 3, 2010
Reply by Jay Fogleman

Readings about "digital citizenship"

I am compiling two annotated reading lists for young adults on the following themes: digital citizenship and career and identity exploratio…

Started by Jennifer Koch Lubke

1 Nov 16, 2010
Reply by Melanie Nuffer

Any Ideas On Making Reading Intervention Classes Interesting for These Low Performing Students?

I will have two sections of reading intervention classes at the high school level next year.  These are kids scoring below and far below ba…

Started by Denise Stewart

22 Nov 8, 2010
Reply by Denise Stewart

E books in the classroom - yes or no

Many people in and outside of education have wrestled with ebooks and whether or not they should be in the classroom. Some feel that studen…

Started by Katherine Burdick

17 Oct 31, 2010
Reply by Bill Martin

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service