All Discussions Tagged 'reading' (74)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

If anyone is looking for reading-related resources

It’s March and we can think of at least two reasons to be happy about it: First, we’re a mere 15 days away from spring. Second, March is Na…

Started by Karen Cameron

0 Mar 5, 2013

Reading Strategies that Transcend the Classroom

If the classroom is truly the training ground for life, it only makes sense that we would use reading strategies that mimic the way we read…

Started by Karen Cameron

0 Mar 4, 2013

Reading Teachers: Book Wink has heard your students’ cries for help

Yes, yes, you already know that March is National Reading Month, a time when your students “fall in love with reading all over again.” Righ…

Started by Karen Cameron

2 Mar 1, 2013
Reply by Karen Cameron

Fostering student-initiated learning with literacy work stations

Imagine a classroom where the teacher works closely with five students at the guided reading table. Meanwhile, 20 of their peers are on tas…

Started by Karen Cameron

0 Feb 5, 2013

Practicing Fluency Using Voki.com

"This Classroom 2.0: The Book chapter can be downloaded at Practicing Fluency Using Voki.com."   Students record themselves reciting a poem…

Started by mandy nelson

9 Sep 14, 2012
Reply by mandy nelson

Mosaic of Thought/7 Keys to Comprehension Reading Program

Has anyone used these works as a basis for a reading comprehension program? We are working to implement this from kindergarten to Grade 12.…

Started by Jennifer McCormick

11 Aug 30, 2012
Reply by Jennifer McCormick

Reading and Writing Web 2.0 Texts

Web 2.0 texts are dramatically changing the literacy landscape, incorporating a variety of media, involving high levels of connectivity and…

Started by Marielle Palombo

0 Jul 13, 2012

Literacy programs for low level learners

I'm looking for a literacy program to use with our low level (high school) learners. A teacher recommended Words Their Way which seems like…

Started by Marie

0 Apr 30, 2012

Using VoiceThreads to Teach College Literature Courses

Your Name and Title: Vicki Phillips   School, Library, or Organization Name: Rasmussen College   Co-Presenter Name(s):   Area of the World…

Started by Vicki Phillips

2 Apr 4, 2012
Reply by Vicki Phillips

Phonics and reading apps for older, struggling readers

I am preparing to tutor a pre-adolescent child who is still acquiring phonics.  I hope to integrate some digital technologies into my inter…

Started by Jennifer Koch Lubke

1 Jan 24, 2012
Reply by Scott Yannitell

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service