All Discussions Tagged 'networks' (12)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Private Social Networks - Ning Replacements

With all the changes Ning has made in the past year or so, I'm curious to know what, if anything, people are using now?  Is Ning Mini worki…

Started by Diane

6 Jun 5, 2011
Reply by Mathew Needleman

Facebook-like social networks proving beneficial in getting students to study

The majority of college students across the nation spend hours on Facebook daily. So, when trying to engage with students, why not provide…

Started by Diana Hansen

0 Dec 13, 2010

Why go from Ning to Grou.ps / Grouply vs Buddy Press

I'm trying to determine the best Learning Network to move to from Ning and would love to hear from those who made the move why they picked…

Started by Lisa Nielsen

5 Aug 26, 2010
Reply by Lisa Nielsen

How are you using social networks in your schools today? How would you like to be using them?

Is your use of social networking focused on learning or measuring? Recently I wrote an article called "Academic Social Networking: Big Brot…

Started by Len Rosen

9 May 27, 2010
Reply by Len Rosen

Students' tools (cell phones, iPods, IM etc) for classroom learning?

I am working on a project that involves teachers partnering with students to figure out how to use new technologies, including the ones stu…

Started by Lisa Schwartz

11 Nov 4, 2009
Reply by Lisa Schwartz

Thoughts: Social Network Service for Students

Hi all, I am going to try knocking out two things with this post. First I would like to say hi to everyone on classroom 2.0. I am new here…

Started by Andre Deutmeyer

12 Jul 13, 2009
Reply by Kiwi Commons

Connected Learning and Connectivism Survey

As this is a very fine example of a connected professional learning network, I would really appreciate it if you could take this survey on…

Started by Amanda Rablin

0 May 23, 2009

Feedback on a recently launched Web 2.0 authoring and communications solution for web and mobile

I am posting to introduce myself and company, Koollage, and to request feedback as we work towards refining existing features of our site a…

Started by Geetha Murali

0 Oct 29, 2008

Student Laptops and Network Security

Student laptops are prohibited in our school because of security concerns about viruses and what-not getting on the network. Even teacher l…

Started by Steve O'Connor

4 Aug 1, 2008
Reply by Steve O'Connor

a cash back program for teachers only

Hi, My wife and I have been teaching for 15 years and came up with a program where 100's of merchants will donate money directly back to th…

Started by Michelle Larson

2 Apr 17, 2008
Reply by Michelle Larson

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service