All Discussions Tagged 'math' (102)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Basketball and Math

It’s almost time for March Madness. Here’s a great way to include basketball into your math lesson plans. Do you have any other lesson plan…

Started by Diana Hansen

0 Feb 16, 2011

Help: Need Online Math Resources!

Over on my blog, I recently posted a series of seven free online resources for different subjects areas.  I'd love to hear comments on thos…

Started by Derrick Waddell

17 Sep 15, 2010
Reply by Leonidas Evriviades

Bringing the excitement to the math classroom?

I have been using a blog and a wiki in my classrooms for a little over 2 months. I have them do scribe posts on our wiki. I have been havin…

Started by Darin

30 Aug 11, 2010
Reply by Corrine Sanders

USES OF DOCUMENT CAMERAS.............????

At the beginning of this year, I was supplied with a document camera for my second grade class. In short, I wanted to start this discussion…

Started by Bobby

53 Aug 9, 2010
Reply by Aaroni Chris

Wolfram Alpha Widgets

These look excellent. Several links here.   My own particular interest is in Mathematics but note the various categories. I created a widge…

Started by Colleen Young

0 Jul 28, 2010

Math pedagogy-Are we giving kids credit for what they can do?

Do we lock ourselves into a pedagogy that stymies our students. Do we sometimes actually slow up out students learning capabilities by our…

Started by John Bartlet

22 Jul 14, 2010
Reply by Roland O'Daniel

Hand held technology or interactive white boards

I am about to begin a PhD with my focus on the incorporation of technology in the elementary curriculum and math. I would like to choose my…

Started by Helen Crompton

20 Jun 9, 2010
Reply by Rich White

Mainstream Content Teachers With ELLs--How Can They Be Inspired To More Effectively Meet The Needs Of Their ELLs?

I just finished attending an inspiring Saturday workshop on meeting the needs of ELLs  in grades K-12 content classes (not ELD/ESL ones). …

Started by Denise Stewart

3 May 24, 2010
Reply by Janine

Need Some Math Support Sites for Mainstream Teachers of ESL Students

The algebra teachers at my school site have small numbers of ELLs in their classes, but the problem is not so much the language as it is th…

Started by Denise Stewart

6 Apr 12, 2010
Reply by Amanda Kenuam

If you could capture and graph data from the web...

What data would you capture and graph? The Public Learning Media Labs ( http://www.plml.org, that's us ) is building a free application en…

Started by Dave Crusoe

7 Mar 24, 2010
Reply by Laura Deisley

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service