All Discussions Tagged 'literature' (28)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Middle School Literature / Mythology - Skype partners wanted

I teach middle school literature, and I'm looking to Skype with another classroom that reads common reading selections as us to compare ide…

Started by Chris

7 Aug 29, 2010
Reply by Chris

Nominate your TOP TEN Young Adult books by 10-10-10

Join a collaborative project.   Go to: http://10-10-10.wikispaces.com/ Get Involved: This wiki is open to anyone who loves YA books. You do…

Started by Colette Cassinelli

0 Aug 16, 2010

High School Collaboration

I am interested in collaborating with another high school online for a trial or debate based on literature or modern events.  Anybody out t…

Started by Michele Lattanzio

2 Apr 20, 2010
Reply by Michele Lattanzio

Wikis for Literature Discussion

I just began using a classroom wiki in with my students as a place to do a literature discussion for a new book we are reading. Has anyone…

Started by Katie Lyon

6 Apr 18, 2010
Reply by Katie Lyon

Bringing Real World Opportunities to Remedial Level Students

Who is doing this well?  I am an English teacher for Grade 10 and 11.  Remedial students struggle with making connections between writing,…

Started by Stacey Wielfaert

3 Mar 5, 2010
Reply by Stacey Wielfaert

Books that Support Web 2.0

Hi All, Can you think of any picture books that "indirectly" support Web 2.0 tools. For example, I was thinking that Stone Soup a tradition…

Started by Brandi

2 Mar 3, 2010
Reply by Brandi

NEW!! On-Demand K12 Online Educational Video Site for Teachers, Homeschool & Students – comments requested please!

Zane Education ( www.ZaneEducation.com ) has in the last 6 days launched the first on-demand online K12 educational video subscription webs…

Started by Nicholas Tee

1 Dec 25, 2009
Reply by Katherine Bolman

Edublog advice -- Planning for the long haul.

I'm about to set up blogs for my 6th grade students to use for writing about literature. I'm comfortable with my goals, objectives, feedbac…

Started by Brien Dick

0 Oct 6, 2009

Facebook for Literature and History!

In a follow up to my post on “Why is Everyone So Afraid of Social Networking” I felt that it was necessary to portray some of the positive…

Started by Andrew Marcinek

0 May 22, 2009

I need your opinion!

I need opinions for my students to listen to on a Voicethread that I've set up. The topic? Do you think Classics Should Be Required Reading…

Started by Rebecca Pilver

1 May 14, 2009
Reply by Anne Pemberton

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service