All Discussions Tagged 'literacy' (38)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Struggling writers / readers: Anyone used WordQ and SpeakQ?

Have been quite impressed with this software which allows people to 1)  read out loud any electronic text they can highlight - eg email, we…

Started by Tricia Lockhart

1 Jan 3, 2011
Reply by Neil MacGregor

E books in the classroom - yes or no

Many people in and outside of education have wrestled with ebooks and whether or not they should be in the classroom. Some feel that studen…

Started by Katherine Burdick

17 Oct 31, 2010
Reply by Bill Martin

Financial Literacy Web 2.0 style

I have a class that does a life simulation.  It is something I have pieced together and modified every year.  Kids live through 3 months an…

Started by Shaughn O'Neal

5 Mar 17, 2010
Reply by Shaughn O'Neal

Technology Literacy

This is going to be my second year teaching. I worked in software for a decade before becoming a teacher so I'm technology literate and hav…

Started by Eric Henry

4 Feb 11, 2010
Reply by Mark McBride

Helping kids learn how to read from a screen

Need ideas... I teach Computers to grades 6-9 and I have noticed they have a hard time "reading from a screen". I do a whole unit on skim…

Started by Alline Sada

2 Nov 13, 2009
Reply by Alline Sada

Looking for Online Book Club Participants

Trying to start an "online book club" for 4th-6th grade classes. This would be centered around books read aloud to the entire class 2-3 tim…

Started by Ben Curran

1 Oct 2, 2009
Reply by Abaca Sim

Using Listening Centers

I teach 4th Grade, and this year have been given a listening center to use. Basically a CD player with up to 8 headsets to use with it. We…

Started by Jonathan Wylie

9 Sep 26, 2009
Reply by Matthew Allen

2009 Digital Literacy Conference

This announcement is for all educators to “Save the Date” and make plans to participate in the 2009 Southeastern Conference for Literacy in…

Started by Bill Sheskey

0 Jun 4, 2009

Facebook for Literature and History!

In a follow up to my post on “Why is Everyone So Afraid of Social Networking” I felt that it was necessary to portray some of the positive…

Started by Andrew Marcinek

0 May 22, 2009

21st Century Literacy

I'm preparing a presentation on 21st Century Literacy, and want to make sure I cover all my bases. Any tools, articles, links or websites o…

Started by Steve Guditus

3 Apr 26, 2009
Reply by suehellman

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service