All Discussions Tagged 'history' (49)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A Great Resource

If you haven't signed up to receive The Idea Book, you should.

Started by Nancy Bosch

0 Jan 11, 2009

Google Historical Events project

Are your teachers or students studying historical events? If they are creating projects based on any historical events, consider posting th…

Started by Carol LaRow

0 Dec 26, 2008

Why do School Curricula Ignore the History of Computing and the Internet?

(Cross-posted on my blog). I was struck by this question at a recent visit to the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, CA. Kitty-corn…

Started by Shuchi Grover

7 Oct 6, 2008
Reply by Poolboy

Tall Boat Lady Washington: Ben Saint, Educational Coordinator (Video Interview)

Ben Saint, Lady Washington's Educational Coordinator, explains why he signed on for an 8-month tour of duty. The Voyages of Discovery pr…

Started by Jack Olmsted

0 Sep 19, 2008

3-D Archaeology in the Classroom: Free workshop on April 12 in Walnut Creek

For Bay Area teachers interested in archaeology and new technologies being used at historic sites, I will be running a free workshop on Sat…

Started by Nicole

3 Apr 4, 2008
Reply by Steve Hargadon

1463 January 5th: "Brothers surviving us the dead..." : The epitaph of François Villon

To know the life of this great french poet with the english translation of his famous EPITAPH in the form of a Ballade which Villon compose…

Started by Vincent Mespoulet

2 Jan 8, 2008
Reply by Vincent Mespoulet

1912 January 6th: Tribute to Alfred Wegener: The Hunch in Science

About Alfred Wegener and Plate Tectonics, many resources, both in french an in english: http://horslesmurs.ning.com/profiles/blog/show?id=1

Started by Vincent Mespoulet

0 Jan 6, 2008

Civil War Battle Scene Simulation for High School

I m wanting to build a civil war battle scene simulation for the Edusim project and am wanting to make this thing as realistic as possible…

Started by Rich White

1 Oct 23, 2007
Reply by Ed Jones

Classroom negotiations...

On September 11, 1776, representatives of the Colonists and the British met in Staten Island, NY to discuss how they could avoid fighting t…

Started by Joel Heffner

3 Sep 11, 2007
Reply by Joel Heffner

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service