All Discussions Tagged 'history' (49)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

U.S. history project based lesson

I created this lesson, but, won't personally have the opportunity to use it.  I'd like to post a link, ask what you all think, and I'd be v…

Started by Larry Blodgett

0 Feb 28, 2012

Take students on your own virtual tours

Google Earth's Tour feature allows anyone to create virtual tours and share them.  One can guide the tour using the software or export them…

Started by Ricardo

3 Feb 16, 2012
Reply by Elizabeth Zimmer

Blogs v. Wikis v. Web Page

Hello everyone,A colleague of mine came to me today with a question as to whether or not a blog, a wiki, or a web page would be best for he…

Started by Daniel Boyle

32 Feb 15, 2012
Reply by Thomas Nixon

Black History Month - FREE album download!

Wanted to let you know about a free album download in celebration of Black History Month in February.  My company, Rhythm, Rhyme, Results p…

Started by Taunia

0 Feb 9, 2012

FREE iPad2 Apps for Secondary ALL SUBJECT Areas

My school district has just started distributing iPads to instructional coaches to support teachers who are struggling in their classes.  A…

Started by Denise Stewart

5 Nov 20, 2011
Reply by Darren

Teaching history through Lady Gaga?

Teachers in Hawaii are trying a new approach to teaching history: instructing through pop music. They have found that integrating history l…

Started by Diana Hansen

0 Jan 10, 2011

Are there any online quizzes out there that help students identify themselves (or others) as being prejudiced?

I apologize for the long question.  I am about to start teaching my ELLs about the Civil Rights Movement.  Though none of them see themselv…

Started by Denise Stewart

11 Sep 9, 2010
Reply by Jane Krauss

Skype Social Studies Collaborative Projects

Check out this link to many social studies projects listed for middle and high schools.  It is a wiki, so if you don't find one, please add…

Started by Brian Mannix

0 Aug 14, 2010

Leveraging YouTube for Science, Social Studies and other subjects

Here's a great article that lists some fantastic links to YouTube videos that can be used by teachers and parents to help make history and…

Started by Shuchi Grover

14 Aug 6, 2010
Reply by Denise Stewart

Web Games for History, People, or Literature (and...a little help?)

As school starts for most, I'm wondering about the use of online, interactive games for exploring History and learning about great people f…

Started by Ed Jones

17 Jul 25, 2010
Reply by Denise Stewart

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service