All Discussions Tagged 'gaming' (38)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Layered Curriculum

I was wondering how many are using layered curriculum? Are there any high school social studies teachers using it? I am looking for some o…

Started by David Kampmann

21 Feb 18, 2010
Reply by Jennifer

Video Games in the Classroom

I have been reading a lot about the Nintendo DS lite and the game Brain Age. The game features activities designed to help stimulate your b…

Started by Aaron Slutsky

6 Jan 5, 2010
Reply by Jeff Applegate

2010 HASTAC/MacArthur Foundation Digital Media and Learning Competition

Hi, Classroom 2.0ers, Happy New Year! I thought you all might be interested to know that the opening of the 2010 HASTAC/MacArthur Foundat…

Started by mdailey

0 Jan 5, 2010

Gaming in Education

I'm not certain if there exist a community interested in the educational aspects of gaming with students. I recently participated in a sess…

Started by John Evans

27 Dec 22, 2009
Reply by Denise Duffy

Wii & DS in the classroom

Hey guys, Just putting it out there, I've researched and utilised Nintendo DS and Wii technologies in my classroom. For further informatio…

Started by Blake Curran

4 Dec 21, 2009
Reply by Michael j. Trout

Are you an older-than-average (30+) video gamer?

If so, I have a new blog just for those of us who never grew out of our video game interest: http://allgrownupgamer.blogspot.com/

Started by Anthony VonBank

0 Dec 5, 2009

Anyone know of a game programmer our class could skype?

Hi folks, I'm running a Game Maker programming competition/collaboration between a number of schools in the local area. I was after a progr…

Started by Jason McMahon

0 Nov 14, 2009

Teaching Teachers about Gaming

I am teaching a course on Emerging Instructional Technologies at the University of Northern Iowa. I want to integrate gaming into the cours…

Started by Leigh Zeitz

9 Sep 25, 2009
Reply by R. Scott Young

Gaming for gaming sake

I have only been an active participant in classroom 2.0 for a short time, and after looking at a lot of the posts, wanted to ask a question…

Started by Dale Ferrario

0 Aug 31, 2009

Simcity on wii or DS collaborative project

My grade 5/6 classroom are about to begin a unit of work relating to our Humanities curriculum that will use Simcity creator for the studen…

Started by Daniel

0 Aug 17, 2009

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service