All Discussions Tagged 'current' (6)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Diversity Within English Functional Skills Classes

Hello 2.0 community! I, trainee teacher, am looking for help with the embedding of current affairs within my English classes to make them…

Started by Josef James

2 Jan 7, 2017
Reply by George Napier

Should students support or oppose the Occupy movement?

That's this month's question on C-SPAN Classroom Deliberations Students can watch brief videos and read articles (on three different readi…

Started by Ben Bohmfalk

0 Nov 14, 2011

Tools to Help Teach About The Natural Events in Japan

Here’s a effective tool to better explain what is happening to Japan to your students through Google Earth. Please share any other resource…

Started by Elizabeth Crawford

0 Mar 26, 2011

Anyone ever tried working with data visualization or interactive maps in a classroom setting?

I'm playing around with the idea of using some interactive maps and data for part of a Social Studies unit, there are lots of great current…

Started by Knox Phillips

1 Oct 31, 2010
Reply by Jennifer G

Rethinking Current Events With Newsvine

If there is one thing students and teachers despise it's clutter. One way teachers create clutter is asking students to print out a curren…

Started by Andrew Marcinek

0 Apr 14, 2009

Current Events online discussion

Hi everybody! I wanted to tell my fellow SS teachers about my website at SEEdebate.org. We are a non-profit, free, free from advertising c…

Started by Meghan Connelly

1 Mar 13, 2009
Reply by Dr. Nellie Deutsch

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service