All Discussions Tagged 'culture' (16)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Black Poetry

It is important that students understand other cultures so they can relate to others positively. I feel that poetry is a viable resource in…

Started by angela khristin brown

0 Nov 10, 2012

Looking for Partners: Schools with Mexican youth in USA

Our project serves rural indigenous communities in the state of Oaxaca (Southern Mexico), many of which suffer from high migration rates to…

Started by Richard Ofstad Hanson

2 Sep 11, 2012
Reply by Tanya Gajewski

Tues, May 8: open chat w/ teacher Antero Garcia on in-school engagement

As part of a guest speaker series to spread awareness of connected learning, the Digital Media & Learning Research Hub is hosting an op…

Started by Jon Barilone

0 May 4, 2012

Where the misfits fit

Conformity is great when you’re building a workforce but to revolutionize, change or invent one must see things, well...different. When I t…

Started by Kevin Honeycutt

5 Apr 27, 2012
Reply by Kevin Honeycutt

Teaching Programming - It makes students carry themselves differently

I recently taught an Introduction to Programming class, and when I was writing up report cards I was surprised to see how well students had…

Started by Eric

6 Jan 31, 2012
Reply by Eric

21 Touches

We depend upon the fine products, services and information that we obtain from reputable vendors and manufacturers -- we depend upon them…

Started by Joe Schuch

0 Mar 28, 2011

Suite of Online Resources for School Leaders

CoSN just released Participatory Culture: Building Blocks for School Leaders, a free  online suite of resources aimed at bolstering Web 2.0…

Started by Ariadna Mahon Santos

0 Sep 16, 2010

Resources for Learning Foreign Language and Culture

Hi all,   This article introduces some websites for language and foreign culture learning. If you are interested, why not have a look?   ht…

Started by Charlene Qu

3 Apr 12, 2010
Reply by Charlene Qu

Media multitaskers pay mental price, says Stanford study

Back to the multitasking myth...a recent Stanford study pans "media multitasking" as bad for the brain! With many educators touting multit…

Started by Shuchi Grover

2 Sep 1, 2009
Reply by Shuchi Grover

Teaching a language per se or making people aware of and appreciate others' cultures?

Yesterday, I was having a coffee with a colleague, a teacher of French at the same school. We were chatting about many things. But, there w…

Started by tarak brahmi

8 Aug 5, 2009
Reply by tarak brahmi

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service