All Discussions Tagged 'Science' (25)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Mainstream Content Teachers With ELLs--How Can They Be Inspired To More Effectively Meet The Needs Of Their ELLs?

I just finished attending an inspiring Saturday workshop on meeting the needs of ELLs  in grades K-12 content classes (not ELD/ESL ones). …

Started by Denise Stewart

3 May 24, 2010
Reply by Janine

Would you share any of your tricks to getting kids excited about writing in class?

The year is winding down and kids are getting antsy (they are high school ELLs):)  I want to try some different writing activities that wil…

30 Apr 19, 2010
Reply by Katy Scott

AP Biology Student/Teacher Ning

Hello all,   I've been really getting into using these Ning networks.  As such, I have created a Ning network to bring together AP Biology…

Started by Curtis Young

0 Apr 12, 2010

Is light matter?

Hi all, My students have created a blog discussion on whether or not light is matter. If you would be interested in adding your ideas it wo…

Started by swheel26

18 Mar 25, 2010
Reply by John J Caprice

Need creative, out-of-the-box, zany ideas on teaching a unit on SURVIVAL to Intermediate ELLs:)

I am about to launch a unit on survival with my high school intermediates (kids who "sound" fluent, but struggle with reading and writing).…

9 Mar 17, 2010
Reply by John Altieri

Instructional Coach Seeks Advice On Encouraging Teachers To Modify Instructional Approaches With ELLs

I am an instructional coach for high school content teachers with ELLs in their classes.  Though I am a peer, some teachers are not open to…

0 Mar 7, 2010

Suggestions for using Google Mars in ELD Science class:)

I am an ELD teacher/coach at a high school in Silicon Valley.  As the ELD teacher, I have beginners and intermediates in ELD classes with m…

0 Mar 1, 2010

Science of the Winter Olympics

Hello, all! With the Opening Ceremonies just days away, we at the Learning Games Network thought we'd devote this month's Learning Games Se…

Started by Jeff Applegate

0 Feb 6, 2010

My really successful web 2.0 experience

Hi, I just thought I would share the fantastic success I have been having with blogging. ‘A Bunch of Interesting stuff’ (http://mrbarlow.w

Started by Tim Barlow

13 Jan 9, 2010
Reply by Todd Wandio

Virtual Learning Magnet for Space Science and Mathematics - Help Needed!

Want to be a part of the start of the Connected 2.0 environment for learning? With funding from NASA, The Council of Chief State School Off…

Started by Tom Welch

4 Feb 27, 2009
Reply by Tom Welch

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service