All Discussions Tagged 'Facebook' (19)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Facebook or Twitter in the classroom, which better?

Hi all ... We all realize the effects of new social media in all aspects of our life, and the educational field is not  far. Many tools app…

Started by Gubran Saif

1 Dec 19, 2014
Reply by kenxie

Stanton University investigates "Does Facebook Make you Happy or Sad?"

Last week, I posted about the negative aspects of Facebook that can impact on the more vulnerable and sensitive children in classrooms.  I…

Started by Sandra E. Thompson

3 Apr 13, 2013
Reply by Effie Fotaki

I'm still afraid of Facebook.

I've always wanted to ask a tech savvy audience if I have an irrational fear of Facebook.  I actively discourage the young people I know no…

Started by Sandra E. Thompson

4 Mar 10, 2013
Reply by Sandra E. Thompson

Social Networking to Promote Language Learning.

Your Name and Title:                                  Dr. Revathi Viswanathan   School, Library, or Organization Name:    B.S.Abdur Rahman…

Started by Revathi Viswanathan

2 Mar 29, 2012
Reply by Revathi Viswanathan

Missouri bans students and teachers from being Facebook friends

Here’s an interesting story about how students and teachers are banned from being Facebook friends in Missouri schools. Do you agree with t…

Started by Elizabeth Crawford

1 Sep 8, 2011
Reply by Olivia Morris

Promote Your School on Facebook

Here is a great overview on how to use Facebook to promote your school as an online community for students, parents and other teachers. Doe…

Started by Elizabeth Crawford

2 Jun 10, 2011
Reply by Elizabeth Crawford

M.B.A. students taking classes on Facebook

This week, The Chronicle of Education broke the story that a British university is having its M.B.A. students take aspects of their courses…

Started by Diana Hansen

7 Dec 24, 2010
Reply by Dr. Rita Oates

Facebook-like social networks proving beneficial in getting students to study

The majority of college students across the nation spend hours on Facebook daily. So, when trying to engage with students, why not provide…

Started by Diana Hansen

0 Dec 13, 2010

Use Facebook to Connect with Parents

One of the hardest things to do is communicate with parents. Matt Montange and I have created a group on Facebook that we think will help b…

Started by Lorna Costantini

5 Nov 27, 2010
Reply by Madison Snyder

Let's Build a Library in Nepal!

I have created a Facebook group to help a fellow Classroom 2.0 teacher in Nepal. His name is Govinda Panthy and he would like to have a lib…

Started by Patrick Kutkey

8 Oct 11, 2010
Reply by Patrick Kutkey

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service