All Discussions Tagged 'ELD' (17)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Looking for Ways to Motivate ELLs to Use More Academic Language in Speaking and Writing.

As the year winds down, I look back on areas where I could have done more for my ELLs in their pursuit of English.  Their writing and readi…

Started by Denise Stewart

4 Apr 11, 2010
Reply by Denise Stewart

Need creative, out-of-the-box, zany ideas on teaching a unit on SURVIVAL to Intermediate ELLs:)

I am about to launch a unit on survival with my high school intermediates (kids who "sound" fluent, but struggle with reading and writing).…

9 Mar 17, 2010
Reply by John Altieri

Instructional Coach Seeks Advice On Encouraging Teachers To Modify Instructional Approaches With ELLs

I am an instructional coach for high school content teachers with ELLs in their classes.  Though I am a peer, some teachers are not open to…

0 Mar 7, 2010

Second Life and ELLs..How could this virtual world community encourage kids to speak English?

I just discovered Second Life from the Virtual World community in www.classroom20.com.  I have only just created an avatar and can't wait t…

0 Mar 5, 2010

Suggestions for using Google Mars in ELD Science class:)

I am an ELD teacher/coach at a high school in Silicon Valley.  As the ELD teacher, I have beginners and intermediates in ELD classes with m…

0 Mar 1, 2010

Google Mars? It is true!

Though I teach ELD (ESL), I work with truly challenging curricula covering all key disciplines.  One unit I am presently working with ()alo…

0 Feb 23, 2010

Pull out school schedules

My school is trying to create next year's schedule and we would like to see what other great schools are doing who utilize the pull out mod…

Started by Kevin

1 Mar 5, 2009
Reply by Kevin

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service