Philosophy / Pedagogy (417)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How can we better prepare our students for the world they face?

We are spending a lot of time talking about losing a member of this community, which is great, but I am wondering if we can take it a bit f…

Started by Sue Palmer

0 Nov 24, 2007

Technology to share culture / language

It seems to me that teenagers today are often becoming more isolated while the world get smaller. I would like to try to use social network…

Started by Sharon Betts

2 Nov 23, 2007
Reply by Sharon Betts

Cell phones as learning tools? Are you serious?

We recently posted a discussion item in our Blog and Forum at MasteryMaze.com regarding the K-12 Online Conference, (sponsored by the K-12…

Started by Sue Palmer

3 Nov 21, 2007
Reply by Sue Palmer

New Data on the new 21st Century learners!

I wanted to share the information I posted today in my Blog with my Classroom 2.o friends. It discusses recent data on the technical charac…

Started by Sue Palmer

6 Nov 19, 2007
Reply by Sue Palmer

The future for standard email.. will it fade?

I was doing some laundry and thinking about how I have started using Facebook, twitter, and Ning to email or contact friends or colleagues…

Started by Greg Noack

8 Nov 12, 2007
Reply by Greg Noack

What Do You Stand For?

According to Robert Evans, the author of The Human Side of School Change, this is an essential question that all leaders must ask themselve…

Started by Elizabeth Davis

11 Nov 11, 2007
Reply by Connie Weber

chaos, an unsettled situation. Evolution of a homeroom class.

This last week was long. In the "Evolution of A Homeroom Class" series (brought to you from desperation--help!), I'm checking in with a rep…

Started by Connie Weber

0 Nov 9, 2007

What If We Closed the Ed Schools?

Ian G-S started an interesting discussion of what would you do with the money if we closed all the schools?. Some interesting responses, ye…

Started by Ed Jones

14 Nov 9, 2007
Reply by Skip Zilla

Programming in the Classroom - Happy Birthday to Logo!

Hi everybody, I just posted about Logo turning 4o years old, and a bit of background about why this programming language for children was (…

Started by Sylvia Martinez

5 Oct 26, 2007
Reply by samccoy

Action in the Classroom

In one of my music education classes we discussed the difference between teaching non-verbally (example and imitation) , co-verbally (you t…

Started by Kiana June Weber

2 Oct 25, 2007
Reply by Sylvia Martinez

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service