Join the Campaign! Tweet and Blog for Ed Tech May 12!
Funding for classroom technology is in
jeopardy! We're calling on educators across the US to tweet and blog for education technology funding on Wednesday, May 12.
President Obama's budget for FY11 provides no direct funding for
education technology programs. Instead, it zeros out the Enhancing Education
Through Technology program, the only source of direct support for Ed Tech in many states and districts.
Congress doesn't have to agree to the President's budget recommendations.
Help your Senator and Representative understand what's at stake! On May 12 tweet, retweet, and blog your support for $500m in FY11 Ed Tech funding. Mark the date on your social media calendar!
Watch ISTE Connects blog and twitter stream for more information on how innovative educators can work with innovative tools to make our voices heard.
Let's go Peeps! Fly Tweet, Fly!
Sample short messages for Tweets and social networking from hilary goldmann:
- TomHarkin #EETT Support innovation in learning & teaching. Fund #edtech at $500m
- @DavidObey #EETT Support innovation in learning & teaching. Fund #edtech at $500m
- @ThadCochran #EETT Support innovation in learning & teaching. Fund #edtech at $500m
- @RepToddTiahrt #EETT Support innovation in learning & teaching. Fund #edtech at $500m
- Our schools need 21st century education, #EETT. Fund #edtech at $500 m
- No funding for #edtech? No prep for 21st century. Fund #EETT at $500m
- I support #edtech. I vote. Fund #EETT at $500m in 2011
- As a principal/teacher/parent I know our kids need #edtech skills. Fund #EETT at $500m
For more information, contact Hilary Goldmann, firstname.lastname@example.org, ISTE's director of government affairs.This is our crunch time, peeps! Please get out there and Tweet~!!