My first translation felt very smooth and calculated. I got together all my materials, read the entire text, translated the text to the best of my ability, and then revised it a couple days later. When I went through the text to find translations for words that I did not know, I realized that the dictionary I am using is not sufficient. Although in finding translations for some of the words, I was pleased with the amount of choices that my dictionary provided me. As I was translating, I got a feel for what the author was trying to do with the tone of the text and did my best to replicate that in my choice of phrasing. For some of the phrases, I took the liberty of choosing the translation that sounded the best instead of what rang true to the text. There were a couple phrases that I did not quite understand how to translate until I got to class. Also, I sometimes did not pick up on the correct subject of each sentence. I assumed that the subject every time was the flies but this was not the case. Overall, I feel that my translation was solid and that now I know what I need to work on.