Hello Rosemary, I sent you the interview questions a while ago. I was wondering if you received them. I am posting them here as well. Thanks.
I am a Spanish teacher grades 7-12 and I am presently taking online courses and learning about using more technology in my classroom. I am so excited to start using more technology with my kids. As part of my course work, I need to interview someone who uses cellphones in their classrooms. I have noticed you have helped other teachers become more comfortable with all the technologies we have nowadays, including cell phones. Here are the questions I have for you:
1. What are some effective activities Foreign language educators can carry out using cell phones in their classrooms?
2. What is your school district policy about using cell phones? Do you have one?
3. How has parental involvement and acceptance of using cell phones in your district been? what kind of feedback have you gotten from parents about such initiatives?
4. How have the educators at your district reacted to the idea of using cell phones? What is the involvement like at your district?
5. What major challenges has your district or yourself faced in regards to using cell phones? (technical, policy, opponents, etc.)
6. What word of advice would you give to a district or educators who want to begin using cell phones in their schools/classrooms?
I will be documening your responses for educational purposes of course. Thank you again so much for your willingness to help me and share your expertise. Liliana Vega.
Hi! Rosemary I was wondering If I could interview you about using cell phones in the classroom. I am currently taking a technology class and need to interview an educator who has some knowledge on this topic. I can email you the questions. Thanks.
Hi Rosemary. I was wondering if your students would be interested in participating in a nationwide SAT Vocab Video Contest @ MIT university. If not, perhaps you have some other educator contacts you could direct me to. You can view contest details at BrainyFlix.com Please let me know. Thanks!
With your work as a Technology Integration Specialist, I recommend you take a look at Wiziq's virtual classroom and authorstream's power point presentation platform. Both are web based platforms, have a bunch of features and free basic service.