Technology in special education is a key component to learning. As inclusion teachers, my co-teacher and I strive to create a classroom rich in assistive/instructional technology to not only engage our students, but to provide them with equal access to the tools they need to be successful and productive adults. This forum is meant to assist classified students in all learning environments, from the least restrictive to the most restrictive placements. Who are you and what are you doing to engage, teach and motivate student learning through technology?

Tags: specialeducation, technology

Views: 650

Replies to This Discussion

Hi! I am a Middle School English teacher at a private school for special needs students. My school is very diverse and accepts students of a wide range of abilities. It is imperative that I used technology in the classroom to accommodate all abilities. For example, I have one student who has limited manual dexterity so she uses her iPad to complete nearly all classroom assignments. This is great because otherwise an adult would have to scribe all of her answers. I love seeing the increased independence, and consequently increased self-esteem, that has blossomed since the introduction of the iPad.

Hello all!

My name is Ericka Lee and I am a graduate student at Oklahoma State University. I am researching accessibility and universal design in online education. I am passionate about improving learning for special needs children and adults through the use of technology. I hope to connect with teachers and scholars to discover ways we can collaborate to improve the learning experience.

RSS

A Learning Revolution Project

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

The Fifth Year Anniversary Book Project!

We want you to write a chapter!

Click here!

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2017   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service