Google Apps for Education is rumored to be coming soon to my district and I cannot be more excited! As a Google App lover to begin with, I am looking forward to having my students benefit from the advantages of Google Drive.  By having the access to the Cloud, it'll change the way I deliver information (way less paper passing is needed) and it will allow students to collaborate from wherever they are! Has anyone used Google Classroom? I am interested in your experiences in managing data, setting up classes, and keeping students accountable with acceptable use of technology. 

Views: 467

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Donna,

Here is a link that explains Google Classroom.  I had been using Google Drive with my students the last few years, but Classroom is the "Cat's Meow"!!!  

Lynn

I also share your excitement for the pending adoption of Google Drive within our school district. As a special education teacher who spends time traveling between classrooms, I am looking forward to being able to share and store documents from a remote location. I just received an Ipad to use at school, and when I have access to Google Drive, I will be able to upload and share documents with my colleagues and students. Additionally, it will be easier to monitor my special education students in other courses. I will be able to access documents and assignments in multiple classes, while also being able to track their progress in real-time. Parents will also benefit from using Google Drive. School-wide documents, brochures, and applications, could be shared and returned digitally, which would help streamline the school paperwork process, while also assisting in facilitating the parent/school relationship. As schools begin to adopt cloud sharing applications such as Google Drive, I am curious to learn how student privacy issues will be handled, along with legal issues regarding file sharing and storage. 

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service